Sunday, November 9, 2008

Remembrance Day

This week will be another "different" one, with Tuesday off for Remembrance Day.
I think my reminder about warm clothes last week must have sent the cold weather away - like I said, I was wearing ski pants and mitts on Monday, and then I only needed a light jacket on Thursday! I guess you just have to be prepared for anything this time of year!
We are still concentrating on the numbers 1-5 in Math, and the letter that is going home in the homework bags will give you some ideas that you can help out with at home. We also review patterns frequently. These concepts need to be dealt with on a daily basis, as good knowledge of them will help your child all through his/her school years.
In Language Arts we are still doing the "sound of the day" - this weeks sounds are ch, sh, and th. Sight words for the week are me and we.

No comments: