Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A really neat site for readers and listeners!

My sister put me "on" to this site, and my homeroom asked how to get there, so I thought it would be a good idea to put it on my blog to share....
The site is called Tumblebooks, but if you go directly there, you must pay a fee to use it. Going to it through the New York Public Library site, it's free. So here is how to get there :
Go to www.nypl.org. On their home site, under the big nypl.org letters, there is a series of links highlighted in grey - click on Books & Materials. On the next page, the 6th bullet under "Find What You Need" says Tumblebooks - click on that and you're there.
The children really like the site - sometimes the authors are reading their books, and there are many choices of books to read or have read. There are also activities related to the stories you can do.
CHECK IT OUT!!!

No comments: