Monday, October 29, 2012

WEEK 9

Wow!  Halloween already!  This will be a week of excited children, I know.

Sounds we are covering this week are z, w, ng, and v.  Tricky words are I and the

On Wednesday, October 31st, we will be going to the Grand Manan Nursing Home to visit the residents.  Coporal Prime of the RCMP will be there to talk about Halloween safety, and we will read a story and do a few poems and songs.  We plan to leave the school around 10am and will return shortly after 11am. 

Because of the Nursing Home trip on Wednesday, we will go to the library tomorrow, Tuesday, instead of Wednesday.

Wednesday afternoon the K-2 will do an activity in each classroom, ending in homerooms for a Halloween treat. 

I am sending an extra note home with homework this week, to help you know what your child is expected to know at this time in the school year.  I am pleased, on the whole, with all of the students in my class - they really are a great bunch!

No comments: